Monday, October 31, 2011

Two Months Old!!

Carson just turned two months old! Already I forget that it's only been 8 weeks since he came into this world! He's sitting up by himself and standing with little assistance for small amounts of time. He's talking so much and we have lots of conversations.  He is so attentive and loves taking in all of the scenery. He recognizes our voices and gives us big smiles when he sees us.  He eats every 2-3 hours and usually has about a 4 hour stretch at night.
We just took him for his two month checkup and shots. I've been dreading this appointment for weeks. Jeff told me he'd get off early so I wouldn't have to be in the room when Carson got his shots. I HATE shots. Jeff held my hand last time I had to get one. So the thought of just hearing my baby screaming because if them made my stomach turn- it was incomprehendable holding my child down to get shots. It didn't look good all day for Jeff to be able to leave early to come but he met me at the doctors office. Thank goodness!! It truly was awful listening to him get 1 oral and 3 shots. Poor baby! I was uneasy having him get all of the vaccines. I did feel a little better because he has so much baby fat! Let me tell you how much: My 8 week old weighed in at 16 lbs 9 oz!!! He is 24 3/4 in long. He looks like he's so much older! I am thankful for his size because I think his shots went better than if he was smaller (well that's what I'm telling myself). He had a fever for the next 24 hours, so we gave him baby tylenol. He was a champ and not very fussy at all. I have such a great 2 month old!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Found your blog through the Mom Bloggers Club. I have a three month old who is also very big. She was 13.6 at her two month and my son was 15 at his, so I understand having giant babies! And yes, shots are the WORST! It's nice to hear other moms hate them as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete