Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Renewed Hope

Ever since I left InterVarsity staff, I have been feeling a little hopeless.  I could see the Lord's purpose in my life when I was ministering to students, but during this last year of teaching in the east end Newport News I have felt a little lost.  We started attending a church plant in the east end whose prime ministry is to a pretty rough neighborhood.  After a year and a half of mentoring at the Boys and Girls Club, teaching Head Start in the neighborhood, and ministering through our church, one of our friends accepted Christ!  There are so many great things the Lord is doing in our fellowship, but this event struck something deeper in my heart.  I was overjoyed to see this young woman place her trust in Jesus!  Our friendship has been growing stronger since we both found out we were expecting our sons (Marie in May and I in August) earlier this year.  I am excited to continue to mentor and disciple her as we grow together in our faith and motherhood!
Here is a picture of some of the women from church.  Marie is the second to last woman from the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment